Wednesday, November 28, 2007

THE FIRST WORK OUT



Rock up to the designated spot, sir tells me to stretch, starts telling me what he is going to do. Tells me he is going to access my fitness level and then we will work on it from there. First I am shown the proper timed military positions for sit ups and pushups, the timed situps I have to do 1 every 4 seconds, I managed to do the required 100. the pushups I failed, the required number was 60 in 2mins and I only managed 20. Sir then sent me on a 2.5k run, he told me the path to take and then warned me that any shortcuts would result in all future runs being uphill. I missed the accepted completion time by 3mins. For the time being there is no penalties for missing the targets but there will be down the track. Once I finished the run I arrived back to the park to find that he had set up 12 markers about 4 meters apart. I had to do some warm down stretches and then had to run, from the start to the first marker, and then back to the start, and then to the second marker and then back to start and so on. After I completed this I threw up. Sir laughed. Then I had to jog from one marker to the next and then sprint to the next marker then jog again then sprint. And then at the end do 20 pushups. And then jog/sprint back to the start. Finally I had to repeat this but with a wheel tied around my waist. The wheel had to clear the last marker before I was aloud to turn around and head back so there was a fair bit of rope between me and the wheel. When I returned to start I had to do 40sit ups. Sir left me telling me he expected me to do better next time and to do all my warm down stretches

No comments: